Nationally, almost 49 million people are expected to travel 50 miles or more for Thanksgiving; about 89% of those will be driving. With snow predicted for parts of the Midwest and heavy rains in the South, I'm reminded of yet another benefit of MultiSight video surveillance as a service (VSaaS). MultiSight keeps people safe by keeping them off the roads.
- Remote evidence creation. No need to travel to a store to burn a clip to disk for police or insurance. Just mark a clip, save it to your library, and email the link. And if you find out a few weeks later that another person needs a copy of the video, send the link again--clips stay in your library for a full year.
- Remote audits. Supplement in-person visits with video-based spotchecks, to ensure employees are following company procedures. You'll increase your oversight while minimizing your mileage expenses.
- Remote management. Administration of the system is all done remotely as well, via the web. No need to dial in to some special video server--just log in to the MultiSight Administration website from your laptop, phone, or tablet. Add a new manager, remove a departing one, or reassign responsibility for specific stores.
- Remote video verification. Middle of the night call from your alarm company? Avoid a trip to the store by pulling up real-time video on your phone or tablet to verify that the alarm was tripped, not by an intruder, but by a vendor delivery or an employee on site at an unusual time.
- Remote emergency monitoring. And when bad weather strikes -- from floods in California to blizzards in New England -- and you can't make it to the store at all, you can check up on your business, as quickly and easily as you check your Facebook or Twitter account.